Our Mission is to encourage and strengthen the use of restorative justice principles and practices through supportive partnerships.
- Partner through supportive relationships with Restorative Justice community in Ottawa
- Provide advice, resources and referrals for members
- Encourage a re-examination of the concepts of justice
- Advocate for the validity and application of Restorative Justice approaches
- Increase public awareness of Restorative Justice principles and practices in the Ottawa area
Passion – We are devoted to Restorative Justice and demonstrate our zeal through our energy, enthusiasm and diligence; it is what touches and moves us.
Integrity – We strive to be honest, fair and consistent in our lives and to be courageous in the face of injustice.
Respect – We treat everyone with dignity and consideration, believing that all people have intrinsic value.
Compassion – We choose to follow the path of kindness, sensitivity, humility, understanding and generosity of spirit.
Commitment – We are responsive, productive and accountable in the pursuit of our vision.
Collaboration – We work together to identify common interests and challenges, and seek creative opportunities and solutions beyond what any one could accomplish on their own.
The Ottawa Restorative Justice Network offers two forms of membership:
- Active Member – attends monthly meetings in Ottawa, provides information and speaks with interested parties.
- Interested Party – receives mailings and other informational bulletins.
If you would like to become a member, please complete and submit the Membership Form. You may also want to consult our Terms of Reference.
Active members of the Ottawa Restorative Justice Network meet on the first Wednesday of every month from 9:30am – 11:30am.